View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 09:22 AM   #428
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Probably, at this point most who even consider using "Nightly Builds" remember that term as referring to just some new code and a make file that you would only be able to use if you had the proper tools available in the proper environment. What is great about these new "Nightly Builds" is that they are more like "Beta" release software, that an experienced user can play with. While being a C programmer would be an important skill for you who are actually developing the project, the extensive use of scripting offers those of us who just dabble, from time to time, some access to the customization and tailoring of the software to our own needs.

I can certainly understand your and Giorgio's concern and commitment to the integrity of the project, and your probable cringing at the liberties taken with the easy access that scripting provides, but from our side it makes for a wild ride.

I also think you guys are very close to a "release" version. I use Koreader on my AuraHD for most of my casual reading, on an everyday basis.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote