View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 06:01 AM   #149
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizwor View Post
I feel bad for the simple minded people who pen these articles. I can't imagine thinking that PCs, tablets, e-readers, and the like are static devices that come and go. It's much more fun to be able to follow the evolution of information and entertainment technology. The e-reader isn't a direct descendent of the scroll. It's a branch of the tree of personal computing. It evolved from laptops and evolved into tablets. It will not go away.
I'd say the ereader physically developed more from things like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_digital_assistant

as well as the digitizing of books on CD-Roms and reading on comuters.

Plus Science Fiction must be given credit for many of the ideas like eReaders, tricorders, sonic screwdrivers and the like!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote