View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 11:26 AM   #15
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Possible causes

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm using 64-bit Windows 7 too, and my Fire HD mounts as a device that I can drag and drop files onto. There's something funny going on there.
I have BOTH Windows Media Player and MediaMonkey installed. Perhaps one or both of those in combination force the KFHD7-32 to appear as a "Music Player" rather than as a "Removable Disc."

A "Music Player" may force syncing from Media Player to be the only way to access the device. A "Removable Disc" would be more flexible allowing dragging and pasting files.

Maybe there is a setting somewhere to control the appearance and function of the attached device. I have no problems pasting and dragging to flash drives or to my attached external hard drive.

Are you also using the KFHD7-32 or the KF1G, instead? Perhaps, my device, itself, controls its appearance in "Computer." My old KF1G did function as a removable disc. It did not have a unique driver in Windows. My KFHD7-32 did install a Windows 7 driver when I first attached it to the PC. Thus, there is a difference right there.

I am not sure if the KFHD7-16 would work like the KF1G or the KFHD7-32. Maybe more than 16 Gb on the device forces a driver to be installed. My external drive has 2 Tb and did have a driver installed to identify it as a Western Digital brand of external drive.

Last edited by sirmaru; 11-07-2012 at 11:34 AM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote