View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 06:52 AM   #65
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashan View Post
Again a weak review
they compare the glo at maximum brightness with kpw at maximum. That is not how you do it. Also they forgot to mention that KPW has all the time the light on and they did not compared them at light off/minimum level.
And nothing about colour blotches, hues,shadows at the bottom Nothing?
I thought it was quite a good review, I didn't watch the whole thing but to be fair, right at the start they showed the Glo at 30%, turned it up full to show how much brighter it was, and then turned it down to 'match' the Kindle light. They should have left it at the similar levels instead of turning it back up to full brightness, but even when the lights were at similar levels, it was surprising to see the Paperwhite screen light did look better (more white) than the Glo did.

Later with the studio lights on they seem to have the light off/at lowest setting, and at 8:30 they say they think the Kobo is a little more versatile, as although the screen resolutions are pretty similar it's got expendable memory and can turn the light completely off.

And why would they make any mention of the colour blotches when you couldn't see any on their screen?
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote