View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 03:03 AM   #16
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ploppy View Post
It's not just filth, I had a story that contained no sex of any type banned by Barnes & Noble recently (though they have since reinstated it after I made a fuss). These sort of clampdowns always start with something that is difficult for libertarians to defend, then once they have the precendent they start chipping away at everything else.
bingo. how can anyone provide a reasonable defense of a book that contains baby killing or necrophilia? they'd have to be sick! thats why we must take that book off the market, to keep that sick filth from sick minds. why are you sticking up for it? you must like necrophilia!

i'd defend said book because it just words. i don't have to like it but i defend its right to be published. i'd stand up for the right of almost literally any type of fiction to be published. don't like it? don't read it.

what the answer is is what the above poster said: fill the niche. team up with these authors and start your own distribution model. thats capitalism. its not 'censorship' if its not done by a government entity. while what paypal is doing may be annoying, they're merely practicing freedom of association.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote