Thread: MobileRead February 2012 - Run-Off Vote
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 08:29 PM   #37
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Oh - I believe I was the one that nominated Hal Spacejock at the time and it was because it was one of the few comedy books I actually had (recently acquired at the time).

I don't really know all the ins and outs of the comedy genre, but this seemed like a funny book and it really did have me tickled when I read it. Sorry if people felt there was a genre clash going on, I wasn't specifically trying to taint comedy with sci-fi.

As for Tender is the Night, I certainly voted for it to satisfy my own agenda. I have my own personal challenges this year and one involves reading something from the romance genre and one involves reading a certain amount of classics. Combined with the zero price of the book, this was a train that it made sense for me to board. Anyway, the other offering doesn't even seem to be available to me as an ebook so there was no chance I would vote for it.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote