Thread: PRS-900 Sony, if you're listening
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 01:01 PM   #16
MerLock
Evangelist
MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I don't see the need for unrestricted wireless or 3g because it's an electronic reader, not a netbook or laptop. I agree that since Sony supports so many different file types, that it would be really awesome to browse and purchase books from other ebook stores. However, I'm not sure how well the reader can navigate and purchase books through other stores since it has no real keyboard and refresh rates on e-ink devices do take awhile. So I'm not sure how easy or "fun" it would be trying to navigate someone else's website that isn't setup to be browsed on a Sony reader.

I would be happy if I could purchase ebooks from other retailers through my desktop and load them up via wi-fi to my reader without having to go through a cable (USB) connection every time. Kind of like Stanza on the iphone/itouch and calibre. Store all the books on one software like Calibre and be able to access that library through a wireless connection.

Just my opinion but I'm sure everyone would like to be able to do different things with their reader based on their own preferences.
MerLock is offline   Reply With Quote