View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 04:49 PM   #71
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonist View Post
I've been trying to save as EPUB or LRF, but when I hit the appropriate button, it looks like it's going through the motions for a second or two, but then there is no EPUB or LRF file that I can find.

Using MSO 2007. What am I doing wrong?

P.S. I am on Vista Ultimate. Is it a problem only with the 2007 version of Word?
I am not aware of any OS/Word version issues. I believe there are other members using Word '07 and Vista.

The eBook creation requires Calibre. Do you have calibre installed? If so what version of do you have installed?

Also what version of BookCreator do you have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladdin View Post
Same thing for me : the .lrf seems to be created, but no file is written on the hard drive...

Calibre is installed, so what happened ?

I've got Windows XP & Word 2007...
What version do you have. I know BookCreator had some problems with the earlier version of ePUB. But most of those issues have been worked out.

Check you path make sure you have the paths on BookCreator pointing to the correct location of Calibre.

NOTE TO BOTH POSTERS:

Please enable the debug output. This is the command sent out to calbire to create the eBook.

Steps
1) Open the Word document you wish to convert to an eBook in Bookup a BC new file in MS Word
2) Depress the Alt+F11 button.
3) Follow the steps in the image attached
4) Create the eBook (LRF/ePUB)
5) In the specified directory there should be a debug.txt file
// Post the file here and/or run the output in the debug.txt from a command line
5) Start|run...

=X=
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Setting_Debug_Flag_on.png
Views:	1047
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	17873   Click image for larger version

Name:	sony_LRF_Calibre_path.png
Views:	1073
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	17874