View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 12:46 PM   #28
GoldThreader
Zealot
GoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
Quite :-). There is another extreme corner case where NTFS is useful, though: lots and lots of files.

I ran into it myself a while ago: I back up my Calibre library to a 128GB USB stick (FAT32 formatted, originally), and FreeFileSync suddenly started throwing errors that seemed to imply that the thing was full. It wasn't, so I was puzzled as to where the problem was. CHKDSK gave it a clean bill of health, so it wasn't file system corruption either.

Turned out it was a LFN -> 8.3 filename mapping collision.

Converting the stick to NTFS fixed it.
I personally really hate calibre. Too many files or too large a file and he program takes hours to load up or do anything. I have tried to fiddle with it and it just doesn't like to run with my library of books despite the formats being supported.
GoldThreader is offline   Reply With Quote