View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 05:44 PM   #26
mobelby
Zealot
mobelby doesn't littermobelby doesn't littermobelby doesn't litter

Device: eeepc 901
Just wanted to add my two cents to the page turning discussion and build on what Lemurion just said.

My last PC purchase was an asus eeepc 901 with a multitouch trackpad. This was the first time I'd ever experienced the concept of "multitouch" before and for the first day I wasn't all that fussed about the new functionality it brought to web browsing - eg two finger up and down scrolling, three finger back and forwards between pages.

After the first day, I simply could not go back and just don't enjoy browsing as much with a mouse (eg wheel scrolling) or pressing the back button. The multitouch just seems so natural I could never buy another laptop without it and that's saying something.

In the same way I am happy to forego the page turning buttons on the 505 in favour of swipe actions on the 700. It sounds natural and similar to multitouch browsing. Also, having owned touch screen devices before (an old tablet pc and windows mobile) I don't mind touching them and cleaning them.

Each to their own but since this is my first ereader purchase I am looking forward to the 700
mobelby is offline   Reply With Quote