Thread: PRS-T1 Modified Sony home screen
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 07:15 AM   #493
ousia
Enthusiast
ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarkophilus View Post
From a quick google this question and answer on stackoverflow says it looks like what you're trying to do isn't possible .
Thanks for your reply, Simon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
There is a problem with smallcaps. Sure you can do what you want in the CSS. But the problem is that simulated smallcaps use uppercase that they then size to be smallcaps. A smallcap font uses lowercase. So you'd have to edit the ePub to convert the uppercase to lowercase.
Thanks for your reply, JSWolf.

In my ePubs (at least in some of them) the spans marked for the use smallcap font are already in lowercase.

Sorry, but I'm afraid I don't get your point here. I wanted to avoid editing the CSS files in each ePub file, not the HTML text or code itself.