Thread: RIM PlayBook
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 05:46 PM   #5
Laridae
Addict
Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Blackberry PlayBook, Nexus 4, ChromeBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhari79 View Post
There is, in general, a dearth of reading apps. I am ignoring Android based apps here as i am a little suspicious of effects on battery life.

I recently got the Book Reader app. This supports both epub and mobi files. This seems a good app actually one of the best(ignoring Kobo Reader)

So, as an ereader, the tablet is left wanting. But as a Tablet its really great.
I agree.
The PB would certainly benefit, as an eReader, if it had a better reading app.

The Kobo app is fine if you want to buy books from Kobo all the time. But, oddly, the PB's version of it does not have the "Import" command to get ePubs, while the Android version does!

Yes, I've tried the Book Reader app but, like you, found it wasn't as polished as it could be.

Hopefully RIM will "catch up" and provide better eReader software, as they did (eventually) with the much-improved OS.
Laridae is offline   Reply With Quote