View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 04:33 PM   #313
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Interesting. Well, I've got three more books, at least, to add to my Read list for the year. The aformentioned Restless in the Grave, Philip Pullman's The Tin Princess, and first Mistborn book, The Final Empire. Have to think if there are any others I finished this year.

Of these, the Mistborn book has been well described elsewhere, but the Philip Pullman book is the 4th in the Sally Lockhart series, though Sally plays only a very minor role. If you've read other Pullman books, and enjoyed them, you'll definitely like The Tin Princess. The first two books in the series, The Ruby in the Smoke, and The Shadow in the North, were adapted for TV by the BBC, staring Billie Piper as Sally Lockhart, and were shown in the US on PBS' Masterpiece Theater.

The Pullman books are very well read by Anton Lesser. The first three are still available, but The Tin Princess appears to not currently be available on Audible, though I have it available since I already bought it.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote