View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 04:15 AM   #3
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uschiekid View Post
are you currently able to go into the dictionary function, type in a word in japanese and look it up? or only by highlighting one or more kanji/kana? i used to be able to do the aforementioned but after resetting because of a different problem occurring, could no longer do this in japanese (and weirdly, not with french either).
No. Same with me. I cannot go into the dictionary function of French and Japanese dictionaries, and maybe of some other languages (I did not try all of them).
I made however a small sample Japanese-English dictionary (first 50000 entries or so of Jim Breen's Edict) using the pattern of the Kobo English dictionary and so on, rather than the pattern of the Kobo Japanese Dictionary. After installing it in the disguise of the German dictionary it works as expected and I can access the dictionary function too. In order to type Hiragana/Katakana one has however to change the user language to Japanese.
If you would like to search the French dictionary, just rename it to dicthtml-de.zip or another dictionary language that you do not use (and that allows searching).
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote