View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 08:03 AM   #10
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandobras View Post
now, as you are so kind, the last question: if I would like to have all my books in the root of my sd card, without any directories and separate covers, just the books, with the name: author - title, how should i set up Calibre?
Putting everything in the root directory might not lead to happiness.

Most SD cards come from the factory formatted with FAT. The problem is that FAT limits the number of items in the root directory to at most 512. If you use long file names (and everyone does), that number can drop to very small, as low as 64.

FAT32 doesn't have the limit, so if you want everything in the root, make sure your card is formatted with FAT32.

OK, that aside, to put everything in the root in the way you described, set the save path to

{authors} - {title}

No '/' characters anywhere. If you want the list sorted by author last name, then use {author_sort} instead of {authors}.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote