View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 05:29 AM   #14
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
First, I do see the images, but not the cover on my reader: Mobipocket Reader v.5.3 - Build 582.

But:

I took the mobi file from your second post and parsed it through my scripts. I can see the images. (after getting the HTML using mobi2oeb)

I did have to make some changes, as I make sure my source files are epub compliant:

1. changed the order of the <guide> and <spine> in the .opf file
2. added the ncx file to the manifest in the .opf file
3. added the <?xml version?>, doctype and html xmlns to the HTML file

step 2 required me to make some minor changes to the file:
4. <font> isn't allowed, <a name> isn't allowed, <center> isn't allowed. I replaced those with a <span class="font-size">, <a id> and <div class="center">.
5. an image requires the "alt" attribute, so I added an alt="image" to all images
6. I had to add an extra <div> in the table of contents, as the <a> and <br/>'s aren't valid in a blockquote (apparently)
7. there are two loose <a> elements, I had to surround them in a <div> also.

My script makes an epub file from the sources, and then uses mobigen to create a mobi file.

The result does show all images and the cover.

----

The changes I made to the HTML file and the OPF file won't explain why they do show for me. But, the way I transform them does. I've no idea how to use Calibre to make mobi files, otherwise I'd use those sources and try to see what Calibre does...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote