View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 11:12 AM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
well, it certainly seems to have worked for others ; if i'm not mistaken, Cory Doctorow's business model is somewhat similar, and there was recently a thread about Paolo Coelho who is also doing something similar. i think it's really admirable that this author recognised the benefits (publicity, promotion, new readers...) she could derive from the situation and decided to take advantage of it, rather than having some kind of primitive reaction without evaluation first (since, in this case, it was originally a free book, that would be a bit... hmm... shortsighted i think).

it looks like it has paid off for her, as well :

Quote:
after posting excerpts of my own at that site over this past weekend, I’ve had a tremendous spike in e-book sales. Which means people are not only reading samples of my work, but going the extra step to actually buy copies.
i'm sure this would come as no surprise to Doctorow, Coelho, et al.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote