View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 03:58 PM   #93
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdschi View Post
Yeah I agree - I have started to at least cursorily check the prices of the books included in bundles as well.
I also agree that the reason for authors adding in their book into the bundle is gaining exposure. But StoryBundle (and other bundles) make a big deal out of the fact that their bundles are "hand curated" - so I expect them to only accept or display "good" books and not to be the means for advertising.
I agree. I'm in no way implying that the books in the bundles are crap, which can certainly be a risk with self-published books. I'm relying on the curation process to avoid crap although I've not yet read any of the books I've picked up in bundles... Adding them to my TBR pile, for the moment.