View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 04:54 PM   #21
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
But where did anyone indicate that? Seems to be your interpretation only.
I read (in Post #5):
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
I've known a lot of people, especially females, that spend all year claiming they don't have time to read, but "This summer I'm going to..."
To which I replied:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
So they're basically for people who normally don't really -- you know -- read (or read one book per year)?
I guess I'm really out of touch. It just never ocurred to me that there were people who only read when they're on vacation--likely in summer. I gotta get out more.
To which AnemicOak replied:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
There are certainly a number of people that fit that demographic among folks I know. They consider it odd that a few people I know, and myself, almost always have something that they're currently reading.
Perhaps you'd be so kind as to tell me where I went wrong in getting the idea that at least one of the demographics targeted by the marketing label of "A Perfect Summer Read" just might be people who ONLY (or mostly) read on vacation?

It seems my question bothered you for some odd reason. I don't remember saying "Perfect Summer Reads (and the people who enjoy them) suck." I was simply puzzled by a label whose name didn't make much sense to me (just as the names of several literary labels don't make a lot of sense to me). This thread has helped me gain some insight into what I wasn't understanding, but I'll be honest ... some of the answers I got were offered a lot more pleasantly than others.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote