View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 08:36 AM   #4
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWinmill View Post
I'm under the impression that Consumer Reports is American-centric, so I'm not surprised by them ignoring vendors that have greater appeal internationally. (For example: I'm under the impression that Kobo and Sony have a negligible presence in the U.S., so why would Consumer reports put much emphasis upon reviewing them?)
They are.
They only test products *they* can readily buy, preferably at retail.
Right now, Sony and Kobo have near-zero retail presence. And even lower mindshare among the masses.

Amazon and Nook advertise in mass media which puts them within CR's primary zone of interest which is testing advertising claims.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote