View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 04:19 PM   #74
toolio
Enthusiast
toolio has learned how to read e-bookstoolio has learned how to read e-bookstoolio has learned how to read e-bookstoolio has learned how to read e-bookstoolio has learned how to read e-bookstoolio has learned how to read e-bookstoolio has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Reader/IPAQ 210/Ipod Touch
Bought a new Kobo Aura yesterday and discovered an extremely noticeable bright spot in the centre of the screen with the light turned on--as have many buyers. Very distracting.

Returned it to the store today (fortunately, I am in Canada, but I still have to drive 45 minutes to the store). The new one is worse. Seven bright spots, although most are off to the side where they aren't particularly bothersome. There is still one in the centre, but smaller than the one on my first

However, the screen on the second is yellow at the top, blue at the bottom. The first one was an even yellow tint.

I think I'm going to call it quits and return this one tomorrow for a refund. Judging from my experience and that of others, there are serious flaws in the manufacturing process.

Last edited by toolio; 06-03-2013 at 05:58 PM.
toolio is offline   Reply With Quote