View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 02:43 PM   #26
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearstardiode View Post
Very helpful description of the site, Elfwreck, thank you. I went back and looked at the 'Fiction Writers.' It was interesting. I'll go back and explore some more. Thanks very much for the info (and the advice about blogging).
Apparently I gave the wrong link for Little_Details; here's the correct one for the profile, and here's the community itself. I'm always fascinated by the discussions at little_details, even when they've got no connection to anything I've ever written.

I was active on LJ for about five years and switched to Dreamwidth, a fork of the same source code, for more-or-less political reasons. (LJ's policy changes grated on me, and every time I considered going back for the larger, more active communities, LJ did more (IMHO) stupid annoying things. But many people still get what they're looking for at LJ.)

There are many active writing communities at Dreamwidth as well, but Dreamwidth is heavy in fanfic writing. While many of the comms are original-fiction-only, there's always at least the awareness of fic communities right next door; it influences the way writing gets discussed.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote