View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 10:27 PM   #1
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
still another copyright question

I've another question about American copyrights: I'm familiar with the copyright extensions for 1929-1974, but does the US also abide by the 70 years after author's death? For example, I have a book published in early 1930s and the author died soon after in the late 1930s. His wife filed for an extension in the 1950s.

The author died more than 70 years ago, so I think the book is pd, but what about the filed extension period? Has that expired because of the 70 year since death, or does the 70 year period start with when the extension was filed in the 1950s rather than at the time of the author's demise?
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote