View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 01:23 PM   #10
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
[QUOTE=K8HW;2251531]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post

Thanks again Chaley. BTW I have only one library in Calibre. I see a progress bar when Calibre Companion is sending data but NO bar when it is supposed to be receiving data. I guess it makes me nervous watching Calibre's "job wheel" in the lower right hand corner stop turning and just freeze up. If I click anywhere on the Calibre window, the Calibre title bar then says it is not responding. If I click again the whole window turns white and just sits! There is no indication on my Nook as to what is happening. All I see is a dialog saying that it is waiting for Calibre.
During the time that calibre is comparing books etc, it is radio silent with an unresponsive gui. This isn't caused by CC, but is a normal part of calibre's device management. Once it finishes the comparisons, calibre tells CC that it will be sending metadata for N books, and then CC pops up a progress dialog. Until that point CC has no idea when calibre will talk again or when it will finish.

As I said before, let it run until it finishes.
Quote:
Everything synced up yesterday and when I went to add a couple of new books this morning it seemed to take just as long or longer as yesterdays first run with the new Calibre release. Is the wireless connection intended to be used each time a book is added to Calibre -or- am I supposed to use the content server and then use wireless maybe once a week to sync everything up?

Dave
The wireless connection is best after bulk operations because it syncs metadata for books that were already transferred. It is also best if you want to transfer many books, auto-transfer news, or use something like the reading list plugin.

The content server path is best if you know you haven't done any metadata changes (or don't care) and you want to transfer a small number of books.

Your choice.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote