View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 12:23 PM   #147
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAMan View Post
Yes. It's shell script

BTW KTouch has /var/local set to 30 MB or so, just like K4NT. So this might be the same problem.

What in the hell did Amazon guys think when they created separate 30 MB partition for this stuff?.. Or why they put cc.db in there if they need this separate partition?..
The kindle 3 keeps the collections database on /mnt/us (where it belongs, IMHO).

Perhaps the jailbreaks for KTouch and K4NT should move it from /var/local to /mnt/us using dasmoover's method, as a safety precaution, to prevent bricking your kindle from too many books.

UPDATE: I updated the command above to include a sleep call that I left out, which puts less of a burden on the ubuntu box. In other posts where I showed this solution, I had the sleep call, but forgot it this time (as can be seen in the quotes of my message). It works without the sleep, but it behaves "nicer" with it. If this does not work for you, take out the "sleep 1;" and try it again. Here is the updated command:

while true;do ls /media/Kindle 2>/dev/null && cp data.tar.gz /media/Kindle && break;sleep 1;done

P.S.We are quite lucky that the kindle exports the USB Drive for a short time while booting up, so that we can use this to solve problems like this.

Last edited by geekmaster; 01-29-2012 at 12:35 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote