View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 04:15 PM   #8
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceQueen 23 View Post
Hello,
This would be my first e-reader, and mobile device other than my plain non-cool phone.
I've been looking at getting a Kindle 3G/Wi-Fi for e-reading AND web-browsing. I was hoping to be able to check my email on MSN Hotmail, surf the web on Google and Bing and MSN. Now I'm wondering if Nook would be a better buy. Cost is a major factor, so an I-pad is out of the question. Would either the Kindle 3G,Wi-fi or Nook 3G wi-fi do what I'm hoping?

After I posted, I thought about how my husband would use the e-reader. He likes to play games to relax. Does either the Kindle or Nook have a better gaming experience?
Please don't take me wrong, but you should not buy an ereader for playing games or browsing Internet. If that's your main objective, you should buy a netbook or a tablet.

Having said that, the Kindle 3G allows you to check email and very basic or pure text websites. Forums are a good example. Anything beyond that, will be a painful experience.

For a better gaming experience but still able to enjoy some books, maybe a Nook Color, but that's a tablet, not an eink device. I personally prefer and like eink for long reading sessions, plus they are usually more portable and provide better battery life than Android tablets.

Last edited by jocampo; 07-22-2011 at 08:40 PM. Reason: fixing a typo
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote