View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 11:37 AM   #23
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
I got my 3.02 from Amazon when it was originally available as a beta on their site. Then it disappeared to be replaced by the long-running 3.03 beta - still not officially released. I just looked and it is the 3.0.2 (529960105). So I guess i could update if I wanted.

Can someone explain why I'd want to? Yes, I know these things can be subjective - like Everest - it is there. But I'd like a bit of info on what the 3.03 offers.

I do wish Amazon's upgrade were a full package and one could go back/forth if one discovered something was wrong. Anyone know - if things got bollixed up - does Amazon actually offer a full-scale upgrade to folks or does the unit need to be returned to them? That is, has Amazon ever offered a .bin that does the entire firmware "reinstall?"
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote