View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 08:21 PM   #23
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
I'm not fussed about pdf reflow -- the whole point of pdf is to ensure contents DON'T reflow: the intent is to make contents appear exactly as the page designer intended. That sucks on a 6" screen but, well, it meets the specs.

Nor am I fussed about the boot time or lengthy page turns: I assume that has to do with the CPU which is more basic than other units and, presumably, helped keep costs down (an argument that plays better when Kindles and Nooks cost $259 than it does today).

But I would like to see a way to prune the free books or off-load them in toto to my Kobo Online Library so I can restore them individually at a future date. The free books are a nice perk and help me start to play with the unit right out of the box; they are less useful later on and get in the way, really. It makes it hard to find the books I have added, which have been "returned" to the on device library -- since I may not remember exactly what's on the device.

And please add a way to get easily to the end of a chapter or the end of a book. If I open a title to have a quick peek, the only way to "put it away" again is to locate the final chapter (in badly formatted books this might be a couple of hundred pages long) and page through to the end till I hit the message "one more click returns this book to the library". Annoying, to say the least.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote