View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 03:49 PM   #84
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
I don't wish to challenge or contradict what has been said in this thread by very knowledgeable contributors, but I thought something akin to a translucent layer for eInk or translucent eInk, was being looked at.
As I read the patent, it looks like the idea would be that the eink display turns translucent to show the video display, but opaque when it itself is in use, and in that state it would still need front lighting, like any other opaque surface.

Also, that a back-lightable eink-type display may one day be invented doesn't change anything right now.
I can imagine a display where the "white" part was phosphorecent, or fluorescent like the white surface of a fluorescent light bulb, opaque to visible light, but energized from below, and then self-illuminated with a perfectly even glow.

Hmm...should I have spoken to a patent lawyer before posting this....?

Last edited by ApK; 05-08-2013 at 03:59 PM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote