View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 08:55 AM   #12
Norbi24
Connoisseur
Norbi24 doesn't litterNorbi24 doesn't litter

Device: Tolino Vision HD4, BOOX Poke2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
I agree with you in including the option to show the app picker and let the use choose, but "Choose Available Dictionary on First Translate" is innacurate as we just start an activity that can handle plain text. It could be whatsapp, gmail, sms or any other app, not just dictionaries. It also implies that the option is just shown once and that's only true if the user checks "use always".

The name should be related to the original "intention" of the intent. Something like "share text with another application".
As everything is related to dict lookups and 3rd party apps we can dismiss "text/lookup" and "(with another) application" and just use "share", "send" and "process".

I'm open to suggestions. I will open a new issue on github and ping you there
@Pazos, I understand your motivation, but in my eyes you are too technical - what the average Koreader user knows about intents, sharing, picker etc.
I bet that even experienced programmers without Android experience would have problems.
Imagine user clicks on Dictionary settings to setup a dictonary, and would see the option "share text with another application": or even three options "share", "send" and "process", what would he think ?
Therefore I tried to formulate something which would at least roughly describe, what is to be expected

But this is only my opinion, I'd wait what you guys do with the git issue
Norbi24 is offline   Reply With Quote