Thread: Mostly open?
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2024, 10:21 AM   #9
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealTOEBEANS View Post

Issue: very expensive compared to Kindle. They know what they have, I guess. They also can't offload costs to ebook sales...
The price is certainly not the only reason people buy something else instead. I have absolutely no desire to buy a Boox ereader, for example, no matter the price - I have no need for a full Android OS on my ereader that I only use for reading books. I don't particularly like Android reading apps either, and proprietary apps like Kindle and Kobo even less - I prefer to remove the DRM and manage my books in Calibre.

Kobo eink readers do everything I want my ereader to do and I'm quite satisfied with them (I've also tried other brands, but I did not like them as much).

So it all depends on what you want from your ereader.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote