View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 07:40 PM   #397
sbaylor
Addict
sbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: iPad, iPad mini, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad382 View Post
sbaylor,

Thank you kindly for your prompt response.

You are correct – I meant to ask if MapleRead SE can display two adjacent pages of a PDF in Landscape mode on a 12.9” iPad Pro. I used the word “column” because in Image # 4 of 46 in your Gallery, you show an option to display one or two columns in the “Landscape Column Count.” I assume the option to display two adjacent pages of a PDF in Landscape mode is selected from a different menu which is not shown in the Gallery. Is this correct?

I assumed this option exists in MapleRead SE, but I would like to verify it, because, inexplicably, Apple does not allow this in iBooks. The reader can choose to view adjacent pages of an epub while in Landscape, but this option is not allowed with PDFs. This is another example of iBooks slipshod treatment of the PDF reading and library experience.
Currently two-column view is available only for EPUB, as illustrated in the figure you mentioned above. Two-page view for PDF, as you requested, will be considered as a future enhancement.

Quote:
If you would be willing to add the “instant” or “no effect” page turn style option to MapleRead SE, that, combined with your current strong PDF reading/organization experience, would be HUGE for us.
The "none" page turn effect for EPUB will definitely be in the next release of MapleRead. The "none" effect for PDF will also be considered as a future enhancement.

Quote:
We’re not a big company, but there would be 20-25 of us who would purchase MapleRead as soon as this feature became available. We’d certainly be amenable to a higher price point / upgrade fee as well.

Thanks again for your help.
There are some issues we would like to discuss with you, perhaps not on this forum. Please contact us by email.

Thanks!
sbaylor is offline   Reply With Quote