View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 02:49 AM   #133
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by recycledelectron View Post
1. Companies can choose where they do business. I decline business from CA or NY, while accepting business from TX, and TN. It's just easier that way.

2. The worshipers of Muhammed demand the death of anyone who reads the wrong book. Take "The Stanic Verses." Maybe Amazon doesn't want to have their employees killed.

3. The workshipers of Muhammed demand the death penalty for a person of the wrong religous beliefs reads a book, such as a Chrisitan reading the Quoran and not converting to Islam. Maybe Amazon doesn't want to be forced to ask their customers religous preferences.

4. The worhipers of Muhammed demand that women not be allowed to read books their husbands disapprove of. Maybe Amazon doesn't want to have to check with their customers spouses before allowing them to buy a book.

Go ahead and jump on me. I've been sentenced to death by a fatwah because I read the Quoran and decided it was the work of a genocidal crazy person. I have been shot at because my vehicle was stopped in front of a mosque. My oil light came on, so I pulled over and checked the oil. After doing that, a few shots hit the tree next to me. My gradpa died as a result of the 9-11 attacks.

Andy
Andy sorry to hear about your grandfather.

However, you together with the original poster should take a massive chill-pill.
World sucks, lots of bad things happen because of many things. Take your pick. Throw a rock in the sky, you'll hit someone guilty and all that stuff.
I have been personally persecuted by two flavours of Christians solely because I'm Muslim. That wasn't very pleasent at all.
These things however should teach us to overcome and build a better world for our kids.
WTR your being shot at while stopping by the mosque, that sucks. An episode of Top Gear comes to mind when Jeremy and Co stopped at a service stations someplace down south in the US. They got chased, abused and stoned by a bunch of crazies because they didn't like their silly cars.
Seriously guys ... This is an ebook forum.