Thread: Rss2Book
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2006, 02:20 PM   #26
huari
Enthusiast
huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle me, Sony Reader missus
Thanks to all and recap

Thank you, thank you
I got the rss2Book working and htmldoc to work too!

Here's a recap:
The binary I used for htmldoc 1.825 was here: http://www.paehl.com/open_source/?HT...Source_Version

download, unzip and double click set-up to install
Then I got the 2 required dlls as compressed files: libssl and msvcrtd
when uncompressed you get 3 files:
ssleay32.dll
libeay32.dll
msvcrtd.dll
unzip and copy or move them (3 dll files altogether) to the C:\WINDOWS folder

Open up Rss2Book/options and set your htmldoc location. Mine was C:\Program Files\HTMLDOC
I set my output path to the desktop and accepted the default format settings.

Add feeds and click go!
After you get your rssPDF, drag it over the Connect software to upload to the Reader.

My firewall ZoneAlarm alerted that htmldoc needed to access the internet, I allowed that and the program converted the rss2pdf, complete with big font and TOC.

I also tried just converting to html and using a PDF driver I have called PDFFactory which creates PDFs with TOCs, which worked to but did not have the Big fonts that rss2PDF has. I would have to edit the html source which is a cumbersome step. Another thing I noticed is that if you set the rss2book date too early you might not get content or if you set it to an earlier date you get too much so be aware of the update frequency of your feeds.

Thank you again GeekRaver and all the other posters for your efforts and help.

It is good to be able to 'read' on the Reader and not be locked in waiting for Sony.
huari is offline   Reply With Quote