View Single Post
Old 06-07-2021, 05:48 PM   #1
Pilgrim86
Pilgrim86 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pilgrim86 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pilgrim86 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pilgrim86 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pilgrim86 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pilgrim86 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pilgrim86 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pilgrim86 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pilgrim86 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pilgrim86 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pilgrim86 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
'Clean' Sci Fi, Fantasy, or Classic Recommendations

Howdy. I am looking at enjoying reading for pleasure again and would like to get wrapped up into a fantastic series, maybe just one book even, that is not pressing sexuality or blasphemous language, and that does not present magic in a positive or neutral light.

Is that a stretch for a fantasy book? When I was a kid I immersed myself into Piers Anthony series/books, pretty sure that is not an option now, but would like to relive the fun of being a kid with wonderful books.

As far as Sci F-When I was young, I read the Ender's Game stuff and liked it, I don't know if I still would. Just to pass time, I occasionally read Star Trek books, they are just kinda ok to me. Started Hyperion but the anticipated sex scenes found out about had me close the book, and, I wasn't thrilled with Foundations by Assimov. I started a Christian Sci Fi series called Lamb Among the Stars by Chris Walley and thought it was ok, but maybe for a younger audience. On the subject of Christian books, while I am a Christian and need to be working with something which is not offensive, I don't necessarily need to read evangelistic novels either.

As for classics, I did finish War and Peace recently and thought it was ok, but it did not cause me to want to read more Russian novels; Dostoevsky was read once too and it was enough. While I appreciate the thought provoking and what not that went with these, they were a bit slow placed. Basically, I want something entertaining, relatively faster paced than the Russian novels mentioned, but not a young adult book that will not cause me to think much.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
Pilgrim86 is offline   Reply With Quote