Thread: Sci-Fi Romance?
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 07:23 PM   #24
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
(As only an occasional sci-fi reader, much more of a mystery reader, where series can be really long, I sometimes wonder why do so many sci-fi book series come in threes? Granted there are also some long sci-fi and fantasy series, but a lot of threes...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I’m not at all an SF reader, but I’ll take a stab at this.
But what do I know? I mean that seriously. Not my genre.
issybird's reasoning could be totally correct, I have no idea. My thoughts have always been somewhat different though but I can't say why I have thought this so could be completely wrong.

I was under the impression that "trilogies" or extended series were what publishers wanted from sci-fi and fantasy authors after the success of The Lord of the Rings being published that way. It just became the "thing" that sci-fi/fantasy does and an expectation much the way that they are expected to be longer. A 200-300 page mystery or romance. Not a problem. A 200-300 page fantasy? "Why is it so short?"
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote