View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 07:19 PM   #29
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sefiriot View Post
I get irritated with Aldiko because it copies books over into its own folder-- it behaves like iTunes in that respect.

I should say here that I hate iTunes and how it feels the need to duplicate my music into its own vision of what my music storage folder layout should be, when I already have my music stored in folders the way I like them. Hence any program that behaves like iTunes tends to get short shrift from me.

In Aldiko's case, my books are on the external SD card for a very good reason, and having unnecessary duplicates on my device where they're not slated to be just makes me angry. It was fine when my ondevice library was still pretty tiny and I had fewer apps installed, but when the library grows over the 10k mark and you've quite a few apps installed in the SD card, this sort of behaviour goes from irritating to a reason for instant uninstallation.
That is one of the major reasons I favor Coolreader; it is non-judgmental on location and it will merrily track ebooks I open whererever they might be.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote