Thread: Glo Image problem
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 07:23 AM   #18
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Ashling View Post
In my latest file the maps look excellent on both the Glo and the Sony.
Don't ask me what I did - I don't know. I tried so many things that I'm at a loss what worked.

I think it might have something to do with the size of the original images. I made them 600*900 pixels, but wrapped them in svg tags specifying 600*800 pixels. The result is a crisp image that fits both the screens of the Kobo and the Sony.
The maps in the version you sent me look good on both the Touch and the Glo. There is probably a bit of luck in the sizes involved and the resizing algorithm used.
Quote:
By the way: both the screens of the Sony and Kobo have a ratio of 600*800. However, the resolution of the Sony is also 600*800 pixels, but the Kobo has a resolution of 758*1024 pixels, as you can see here.
That is the Glo. The Touch is the 600*800 like the Sony. My previous tests were with the Touch. I now have a Glo to test with as well.

I had a look at the sample you sent. It looks good. The fonts for the titles and chapters were a bit hard to read at first, but they fit the book perfectly. And they are growing on me. The section dividers and other adornments look good to. And the large start letters (I know there is a name for it) works perfectly on both the Glo and Touch. About the only comment I have is the fixed left and right margins. If these are set, the Kobo devices will respect them and not let the user change them. Removing them means the reader can set them how they want. I would suggest removing them unless they are part of the look you are after.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote