Thread: Glo Image problem
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 02:08 PM   #17
Andrew Ashling
Connoisseur
Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: I divide my time between Ormidon, Ximerion and Antwerp, Belgium
Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Clara, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I bought a Kobo Glo on the weekend, and can now see what you mean. The map wrapped in svg tags doesn't look very good. The map part was OK, but the title looked terrible. It must be something in the resizing that is done to go from the 600*800 image to the 758*1024 screen. The non-svg map still looks good, but it isn't resized to fit the screen.

Looking at the specs for the PRS-T2, the screen is 600*800. That is the same as the Kobo Touch which I was using for the last batch of tests. They probably look similar as neither need to resize the map to display it.
In my latest file the maps look excellent on both the Glo and the Sony.
Don't ask me what I did - I don't know. I tried so many things that I'm at a loss what worked.

I think it might have something to do with the size of the original images. I made them 600*900 pixels, but wrapped them in svg tags specifying 600*800 pixels. The result is a crisp image that fits both the screens of the Kobo and the Sony.

By the way: both the screens of the Sony and Kobo have a ratio of 600*800. However, the resolution of the Sony is also 600*800 pixels, but the Kobo has a resolution of 758*1024 pixels, as you can see here.

Last edited by Andrew Ashling; 12-11-2012 at 02:40 PM.
Andrew Ashling is offline   Reply With Quote