View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 10:59 PM   #1
ereaderwanabe
ereaderwanabe began at the beginning.

Device: nook?
Two Canadian concerns about the nook

So, I have read a lot of posts and I just want to clarify some things before I cross the border and buy my first ereader - a nook...

When buying books from B&N is it the fact that you are buying from a Canadian IP address or that you have registered your nook/B&N account with a Canadian address that restricts your ebook pruchases? I have a winter condo in Florida that I can register my nook with - if it the residence listed with the account that is what restricts book purchases.

Someone in a post said that the colour elibrary screen at the bottom does not work unless the books were purchased through B&N. Has anyone tried buying an ebook from Kobo and had it pop up with a colour cover page? Apparently in speaking with iRewards tis week, they have said that they foresee the membership program working with Kob by the end of the summer/early fall (I just renewed my membership in June because I was one of the suckers a cashier mislead to think that iRewards worked for Kobo, so by calling the customer service number, they have extended my membership for another year to accommodate their tardiness in enabling iRewards to work with Kobo's ebooks). I am intending to buy my books primarily through Kobo nce the deal comes through, so I want to know if the covers show up on the bottom screen.

Oh, one other thing (I guess I actually have three questions, not two)! I understand that 3G currently does not work in Canada. Does anyone see that happening? Should I purchase the 3G model with the hope that there will be an update that will enable 3G connectivity if B&N can negotiate a netowrk provider up here? Or do people feel a new and updated device will be needed for this capability when it comes? Am I best to just buy the wi-fi?

Anyone with some info?

Last edited by ereaderwanabe; 07-13-2010 at 11:07 PM. Reason: forgot something
ereaderwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote