View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 04:18 PM   #117
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Frankly, a lot of writers are using KU the wrong way. Some have big enough fan bases that they end up cannibalizing sales. Others put their entire catalogs instead of series starters or new releases. Not the best way to use it.
But it's their right to screw up.
(shrug)
That is your opinion, and I disagree. There is enough authors that put if not their whole catalogue, but at least complete series in KU. I avoid any series that is not complete. I personally don't use KU for sampling, but for flat fee entertainment. There is others like me, I am sure I am not that special.

That can also explain why for some authors KU is working as intended by what you say is the only "correct" way. A fairly large percentage of their KU readers of the included beginning of a series results in followup sales, because only those using KU to sample will read it. How big a percentage will depend on the quality of the writing and the price of the non KU books.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote