View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 06:57 PM   #65
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
I personally do not see any difference between the two statements. Then my interpretation of Occam’s Razor is accept all entities (hypotheses) needed to explain the system and no more.
Neither do I, but I guess we'll have to take that up with Einstein, and last I checked, he wasn't taking any calls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
So as applies to God an religion;

Is an invisible sky spirit with magic powers needed to explain the world around us and if not . . .
The universe is a mysterious place, and I'm no expert on the nature of Ultimate Reality. Did a Supreme Being set the rules in motion? I have no idea, but the answers to such questions are outside the realm of current science. Even assuming (and I see no reason to) that there is a Supreme Intelligence behind the veil, that doesn't answer the question of how it came to be, how it works, and how it evolved to what we see about us today. God or no god, here's still plenty of work for the scientists and philosophers.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote