View Single Post
Old 09-06-2018, 05:48 AM   #31
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
I have never chosen to read a book based on the authors race, gender or any other difference. I want to read books that I consider to be well told stories. I wouldn't care if the author was a Salamander if it could write a good story. As both a child and an adult I was reading fiction by Andre Norton, Leigh Brackett, C.J. Cherryh, Octavia Butler, James Tiptree, jr., Elizabeth Moon, and Lois McMaster Bujold. Also remember Mary Shelly wrote Frankenstein.
Apache
With all the pen names and such, it's not that uncommon for the reader to have no real idea who a new writer really is. If I were to guess, of the current authors that I read (i.e. not backlist), it's probably pretty close to a 50/50 split between male and female authors.