View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 06:51 AM   #14
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critteranne View Post
Oh noooo! You're going to get into soooo much trouble for saying that.

I bought Walker's first novel, Dr. O, a bizarre serial killer novel. My review on Amazon said it was either a parody or a blatant rip-off of Silence of the Lambs. Walker responded to my review and said I was smarter than his publisher and the book's multiple editors. Yes, it was meant to be a parody, and when he realized the editors weren't paying attention, he started throwing in more and more bizarre things. Like two female FBI agents hopping into bed together, and a weird penis scene in a bar. I've forgotten the penis scene. Luckil mit's available for the Kindle...

I often get annoyed when authors respond to negative reviews, but Walker's post was informative and self-deprecating. OTOH I haven't succumbed to his book on writing now available in the Kindle store. (He tells budding authors to proofread their work, but he has typos in the sample. Maybe that was to make sure I was paying attention... )

I enjoyed your Tales of the Walker [above] - fun reading

I don't believe I have 'Dr. O,' which sounds intriguing. I'll have to pick it up when it's free. All of his books are going to be free at some time or another. Hey! He's an Indie writer, isn't he!?

Perhaps his book on writing (which I do have) is a parody on writing - but no one is yet smart enough to realize that...hmmmmm.

Well, back to resorting my thousands of Indie books, this time by the third letter of each title.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote