View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 04:21 AM   #12
iptech
iptech has a spectacular aura aboutiptech has a spectacular aura aboutiptech has a spectacular aura aboutiptech has a spectacular aura aboutiptech has a spectacular aura aboutiptech has a spectacular aura aboutiptech has a spectacular aura aboutiptech has a spectacular aura aboutiptech has a spectacular aura aboutiptech has a spectacular aura aboutiptech has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Sony have had my 505 since 15 September, for a repair (under guarantee) of a faulty screen controller.
I wouldn't hold your breath about getting it back in time for your holiday.
It took three weeks for Sony repair centre at Pencoed to repair my 505 earlier this year. Sadly I broke the screen last weekend and decided it probably wouldn't be economical to repair and my insurance has a £100 excess so doesn't justify a claim.

When looking for a replacement I considered the 600 (not sure I'd bee happy with the lower contrast & glare) and the 300 (smaller screen and dearer to buy locally than a new 505) but in the end opted for another 505 from John Lewis for £150 (red only). I did consider not buying a new reader altogether, but one night of reading on my netbook made me realize just how nice the 505 is for reading. I use my reader everyday for reading the news feeds so the net cost of around £3 per week for the reader against the cost of buying a daily newspaper still make it a cheap option and so much more convenient.

Now just waiting for my new case to emerge from the mess that is known as the Royal Mail.

Edit: It seems my case delivery just beat the postal delivery strike scheduled for tomorrow, it's just dropped through the letterbox. I bought one of these First impression are that it's excellent value for money. It appears to be an exact copy of the Tuff Luv case (ripoff or re-branded?) although for the price I suspect it might be made from bonded leather rather than top-hide. I like the all black stitching though and it has a nice quality look & feel. Whatever the material, it's good value @ £8.99.

Last edited by iptech; 10-22-2009 at 06:32 AM. Reason: My case has just arrived!
iptech is offline   Reply With Quote