View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 10:52 AM   #1
seannymurrs
seannymurrs began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone X, iPad Pro (10.5")
Question Metadata solution for iBooks?

I have a (relatively) large collection of ebooks in epub format on my computer. I've used calibre to organize and manage all the metadata for the books. The problem I'm having is, when I import the epubs into iBooks, some of the metadata is incorrect. There also doesn't appear to be a way to fix/change anything other than the really basic stuff like title & author. The biggest issue I'm running into is the lack of a way to have my ebooks sorted by the authors LAST name. Even though I edit the metadata in calibre to have the author field listed as FN LN and the sort author field as LN, FN, iBooks sorts the books by the author's first name. The reason why this is a major annoyance is because, for audiobooks, it DOES sort by the author's last name. This means, when sorted by author, my ebooks and audiobooks by the same author aren't actually grouped together. Is there any way to fix this, or is it simply a limitation of the iBooks app? I even updated to the latest iOS 12 and macOS Mojave betas hoping it would be fixed in the revamped Books app. No such luck.
seannymurrs is offline   Reply With Quote