Thread: Holly Black
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 03:28 PM   #13
hildea
Wizard
hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux (had Onyx Boox Poke 3 and BeBook Neo earlier)
Then you gave up before the middle of the first chapter But of course, sometimes a book just doesn't click. I have all sympathy for not wasting time on books which are a bad fit -- I'm getting better at not forcing myself to finish a book I don't enjoy these days.

There has also been at least one time where I hated a book from pretty much the first scene (Terry Hayes: "I am Pilgrim"), but read it all just to be able to describe all the ways I hated it, but that was mostly because it was chosen for a book circle I was part of.

Sorry if I came across as grumpy
hildea is offline   Reply With Quote