View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 05:27 PM   #9
heleneArch
heleneArch began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
suziereader I'm glad you got it to work, and yes there are 3 memory cards, the 3rd one being optional.

I've heard the Vox can hold up to 8000 books. I've got 2 000 so far on mine, all on the shelf. What can I say... I'm a book lover

I've had my Vox since day before Christmas and I would not trade it for anything in the world. First one bought. No issue, except for... well, read below.

One thing that IS very important:
DO NOT EVER and I do mean EVER, click on "Do not remind me" when the USB connection is made between Kobo and your PC.
I learned this the hard way
All my transfers were going fine, until after 5 days I thought I'd had enough of seeing that message. I clicked on "don't remind me", and the next day when I connected the Kobo to the PC... the PC wouldn't recognize the Kobo. So no transfers could be done. I had to do a factory reset (meaning I lost EVERYTHING on the Kobo).
So please... I know the message is annoying, but DO NOT click on that. Or you'll have this same issue.
Factory resets are not good, you lose awards, your ebooks, everything that's on the Kobo, the SD cards...

Thought I'd share
heleneArch is offline   Reply With Quote