View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 10:40 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The display and listing of annotations and bookmarks has been wrong for a long time. They work, are listed all the time and if I select one, it takes me to the right spot. But, the annotations list is wrong.

Here is my list of bugs related to annotations:
  • Order in the annotations list is wacky. It isn't in creation order or order within the book or alphabetical order. Also, the order changes when you delete a bookmark or annotation.
  • Date created shown is in GMT. i.e. I am in GMT+11. If I create an annotation at 12:09 am on the 6th of March, it will be shown as created on 5th of March.
  • Annotations/Bookmarks in the list are not shown under the correct chapter title. Instead of the chapter they are in, they are generally under the last chapter selected using the TOC or navigation bar.
  • Bookmarks percentage into chapter is always zero after closing and reopening a book.
    • If you set a bookmark, and display the annotations list, the percentage into chapter shows a reasonable looking number.
    • Close the book and reopen it and then go to the annotations list and the percentage is always zero.
    • Also, all bookmarks and annotations are shown under the chapter that is being read when the book is reopened.
    • These problems do not happen for books on the SD card. They also don't happen if the annotations file created by ADE is removed before opening the book. So, it appears to be related to reading this file.
  • If you select an existing annotation in an epub, the menu for the pencil has "Save Highlight" and "Edit Note". "Edit Note" is good, but "Save Highlight" makes no sense. Previous firmware had "Delete Annotation". This is what the same menu for a kepub has. This changed for 2.3.1.
  • For an existing highlight, the menu has "Highlight" and "Add Note". "Highlight" should be "Remove Highlight" like it is for a kepub. This changed for 2.3.1.

I have checked of all with 2.5.1 except the timetamp. They are all still happening.

Kobo definitely has this list. Plus a detailed analysis of what happens when you reopen the book.

Last edited by davidfor; 04-25-2013 at 10:43 PM.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote