View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 04:33 PM   #11
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal_9000 View Post
thanks for the responses guys. i guess new US owners get the "international kindle" with AT&T wireless. but, i still don't understand:

1. is the "intenrational kindle" have identical hardware to the K2?
2. what about existing sprint kindles? i know amazon pays for the service, but will they keep existing kindles on sprint or switch them to AT&T? if they keep them on sprint, i assume they're going to have 2 different wireless providers for US customers? seems pretty complex...
The hardware for the 3G wireless is different. And yes the old and new systems will coexist for the foreseeable future. The complexity is hidden from the user and I expect that Amazon can manage it. The user doesn't need to care who the provider is so long as they can get a signal and download their stuff.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote